|Note: This article may contain spoilers that reveal pieces of lore. Play the game, or read if you want to.|
- Looking for gallery on this character? Go here.
- Or are you looking for the audio of this character? Go here.
"Terrifying impersonation of ancient evil able to teleport through space dimensions via magic portals."
His bizarre appearance is that of a ghost resembling a human skeleton. He has misty yellow eyes, a rather large cranium/head, and a few missing teeth. His hands also appear gnarly, with four long claws.
He wears a translucent grey cloak, which is torn and ragged, but only his head, neck and hands are seen.
In the main mode, Charlie will move up and down the stairs of the map, and sometimes enter a portal that resembles a portrait of himself, and teleport to another part of the map. He will chase the player upon contact of any kind, as the word "RUN!" will appear on screen.
He will lose interest in chasing the player if they are too far, or hiding in a room.
The player will know if he's near as objects and lights will shake or flicker.
The player can use an Eye Rune to foresee his vision to know where he's at.
Depending on the setting the player chooses, Charlie will be:
- Extremely slow in the Newbie setting.
- Less slowness in the Easy setting.
- Slightly faster in the Normal setting.
- Fast enough to catch the player during mid-escape in the Hard setting.
- And then harder to get away from in the Nightmare setting.
In Endless Mode, he will do the same as in Standard Mode. However, the longer the player takes on finding the bags, the faster Charlie will become.
In the Double Trouble Mode, Charlie will still work the same as in Standard Mode. This time, Krasue will be there with him, and the two will sometimes spread out, making a deadly duo.
Trick or Treat:
"You just stay where you are, boy..."-Talking to the Robber (1)
- In the game's old description, it says that Charlie is an "Ancient haunting phantom". And in the store, he is said to have the abilities to enter dimensions through the portraits of himself.
- Originally, when completing the game, his moan plays instead of Krasue's in Standard Mode. This was eventually changed.
- Strangely, when using an eye in Double Trouble Mode, Krasue appears to not be in his vision.
- The same goes for Krasue as Charlie is not in her vision.
- His name might be a reference to the game "Charlie Charlie".
- Fans mistake him to be the very same Charlie entity of the said game.
- When Charlie was first added, when the player used an eye, and it would show a portrait of him in a forward angle, which reveals what portal he's going to come out of which would give the player a heads up.
- This was changed, most likely due to players not knowing what it meant, or that it was too easy.
- Charlie, along with Good Boy, was confirmed to soon be a part of the "Your Own Ghost" customizer.
- The original source of his model is called "ghost" part of the "Nightmare Creature" pack, which can be found here. Model made by GrigoriyArx.
- In the Hospital map, Charlie can sometimes enter rooms if he is chasing you. Same applied to Krasue until this was fixed.
- Charlie's Moan and Scream can be found at this link here the moan sound is called "horror ghost 16" and the scream sound is called "Creepy Ghost Scream".
- Charlie was added in version 5.2.37, along with Endless Mode.
- In version 5.7.38, Charlie was given a new animation for when killing the player.
- Ironically, a character named Mr. Miles mentions trapping a curse within a photograph. Unknown if this relates to Charlie and his ability, or if it's just a coincidence.
- Charlie's backstory was revealed in-game showing his hatred and cruelty towards the Robber. He was likely his father at some point, whereas the Robber points out his father is dead, and that Charlie is just an "echo".
|Main Antagonists Krasue Charlie Good Boy|
|Protagonists & Humans The Robber Mr. Miles|
|Others: Beta Ghost Jack The Magic Pumpkin|